Five Top Tips for SEO Marketing
Your website has just launched, and now you need to promote it. But how can you stay afloat in the intimidatingly large ocean of search engine results, especially when it comes to Google rankings? This is where search engine optimization, or SEO, can be your lifeboat. SEO marketing makes you relevant to the modern Internet user, which, today, is completely necessary. Here are five quick facts to help you understand the value of SEO marketing.
1. Google’s Larry Page, the co-founder of the company, is the namesake of “PageRank,” a search engine algorithm process that helps sort results by relevancy. The very name of the company, Google, has even become synonymous with using a search engine. All this points to a new future where Seo marketing is not just a specialty service, but a necessity to ensure the stability of your business.
2. On February 29, 2009, Google sent out its first-ever tweet to the world at large. It read, “I’m feeling lucky,” as a reference to its trademark expedited search button, but it can also be seen as a symbolic gesture. Google represents a vast new territory for online marketers, one that can be tapped into via Seo marketing. If you are feeling lucky, you should climb aboard.
3. When search-engine users look for the results most applicable to them, 42 percent of them click on the top-ranking link of the search. Why? Internet users are in a hurry, and they want relevant results delivered immediately. High search engine rankings, especially on Google, can make you very relevant to users again and again. SEO marketing can help accomplish this.
4. Smartphone and tablet service is projected to eclipse desktop computer Internet usage by 2014. This paints a portrait of the modern Internet user as someone who needs relevant results quickly because he or she is on the go. Again, this is where utilizing SEO marketing and online marketing tools becomes so valuable. One missed click is missed opportunity.
5. Mobile Internet users in search of local businesses rely on their smartphone or tablet to help them make a purchasing decision. Yes, 65 percent of these users have entrusted their buying power to a handheld device, which means your business must appear in those search engine rankings. SEO marketing ensures that you can, and that you will not get lost in the search engine shuffle.
SEO marketing can help you make your mark on the Internet, a task that becomes harder and harder to accomplish every day. Through a set of tools such as blogging and analyzing, SEO marketing will craft your unique Internet personality, enticing users to see what makes you relevant. The only question is, where do you stand?